Wednesday, February 16, 2011

















© Emily Porter

One day you will realize that you ruined everything.

That we could have been something never ending.

That I could have been no one but yours.

If only.

If only.

One day you will realize that I hate what you have done.

To you.

To him.

To me.

To us.

One day you will realize that he could still be here...

Breathing..

instead of a pile of ash.

And once that day comes you will weep

and I for you.

But once that day comes I will be alright

and I will keep walking.













© Emily Porter


You came into my life unexpectedly, both of us broken.

Lost in our pasts, we surfaced together.

The curve in your chest lowers as you exhale.

I watch with fascination...perhaps infatuation.

I hold you like a small child not wanting to let go,

clinging onto what I am afraid is not real.


Breathing in deep your comforting scent,

I softly trace the outline of your jaw, memorizing every

lovely imperfection and every breath taking detail.

As the bouquet hanging in the window withers and browns,

we grow the bond we strived to withhold from.

No comments:

Post a Comment