Monday, July 18, 2011







all images © Emily Porter

Ello...still hard at work trying to get this Paris project complete! In between two jobs and three summer classes scheduling shoots are pretty hard. Lucky for me my gorgeous model Maddie always comes through for me. These images are inspired by the amazing painting by Paul DeLaroche, Le Juene Martyr (The Young Martyr). One of my favorites! I dont know for some reason my to favorite paintings involve woman drowning.....i dont know if that's weird. But I like them just the same.
La Jeune Martyr © Paul DeLaroche




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Is this your work so far for La Jeune Martyr? I really love the second and final images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yupyup!! thank you i cant wait to see your work see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last three of your images are really lovely! I'm excited that you're still working with the figure in water. I feel like a lot of our imagery comes from working in this way. (Legs in the bath tub, the ones inspired by "I Carry Your Heart", and the others you posted on here)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw thanks still working on trying to finalize images into series because i do feel like many of them relate to one another

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I meant YOUR...not our!

    ReplyDelete